Mobile devices (smart Phones etc.)
As mobile devices become more powerful so do the usages and dangers to businesses that allow employees to access company data via these devices. We are talking about smart phones, Android tablets, iPads and even net tops. These all run a basic operating system and can be highly susceptible to vicious software that can hide on these devices and spy on a company’s private data.
Before you introduce mobile data access to your company be sure you have answered the following questions:
- BYOD? COPE? Which is best for you?
- How should these devices be protected?
- How should they be monitored?
- Are they HIPAA compliant?
- Can they get viruses?
- Can they get hacked?
- If the device is lost what then?
- Can you be sued if private data is compromised?
- If an employee loses their smart phone and company data is compromised who is responsible?
- How do you backup confidential data on a mobile device?
If you would like help answering the above questions and feel a Mobile Device Policy Consultation may be beneficial to your implementation. Please fill out the form to the left or call us (901-328-9400) and we will schedule a time to discuss your needs.